Thursday, February 16, 2012

Google Delayed Indexing of Blogger Custom Domains

I've noticed over the last week and a half, that my posts on my main Blogger blog (which has a custom domain) are not being indexed by Google until several days later. When before, they used to show up within minutes.

What's odd is my homepage is getting crawled as soon as I make a post, only the new posts aren't appearing in the results until about 3 days later.

I'm not the only one that has noticed this either, there is a growing discussion thread in the Google Webmasters Forum regarding this issue.

I'm mainly posting this as a test to see how fast this post gets indexed, but I wonder if you guys are seeing the same behavior?

Update: February 26, 2012 - Well, it seems everything is back to normal and has been for a few days now.  Hopefully it remains this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment